Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher

Enjoy:

Overview (from Barnes and Noble)
Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker–his classmate and crush–who committed suicide two weeks earlier.

On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.

Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.

My Review:
Although, the book became boring at some points, I still thought the book was super good. My friend hated the book but I don't see how. I really liked it, because its unlike all the other books out there, and I haven't seen anything like it before. I became so captivated by Hannah's story and her tapes that it surprised me. I simply could not put this book down, always wanting to know more about Hannah and why she killed herself.

What I extremely just love about this book, is that it makes you think. IT shows you just how much of an affect you have on others, even if you don't realize it or its simply too late. It made me have a better understanding of not only suicide, but how everything I do will affect someone else......

No comments: